Thursday, September 8, 2016

First steps to get work Commodore 65 graphics

Last weeks I'm experimenting with Commodore 65 graphics, anybody of you who visited The Ace web know that I needed to split Commodore 65 and Mega 65.
Mega 65 has not yet finished bitplanes and creating any graphics is near impossible 'cause test cannot to be corrected and correction saved to diskimage...
I was using MESS emulator of C65, but now I'm using Gábor Lénárt's XEMU emulator of C65 and bit M65 - both not yet finished but it's better than MESS. Now it looks like VIC-III can use modes of VDC, not all, but some in more colors and without attribute clash, VIC-II modes are present, only VIC-IIe Real Interlace must to be used in VIC-III configuration, but again more colors, no attribute clash...
Of course there are also sprites.
That's lot about graphics, and for now will continue:
I'm watching Steve Gray VYM project - cartridge for C64 or C128 which brings new video and audio device to Commodore 64 and 128, later VIC20 maybe. It shares not computer RAM and like VDC has own VideoRAM in size up to 192K!

My experiments with Basic 10.0 bringing me to publish Code Writer tool, for now codename Code Writer Basic (Basic for current supporting programming language) which supports Basic 7.0 only and add Basic 10.0 support. Maybe I try to release it separately from The Ace (of course The Ace will have it). I know that PETCAT VICE tool last fix removed prolems with text tokenizing to Basic 10.0 PRG files.

For now I'm flirting still with Z80 and also C++...

No comments:

Post a Comment